There is a new incubator program in town! Sting are launching FastForward - which will bring just under 10 of Stockholm’s most promising internet startups together for 4 months – with a goal of building a sustainable and scalable global business. Entrepreneurs gain access to some great mentors, entrepreneurs and investors and the program will be run from KTH.
Incubators here in Stockholm have in the past struggled to lock in the best talent, but this program seems to be much more structured than previous iterations. In addition, they’ve managed to get a nice team of advisors in for FastForward so it’s definitely worth looking at.
Key methodologies of FastForward:
- Speed is key. We believe in “fail fast, fail forward”. Dare to try things that are not working perfectly: prototype (MVPs), measure usage and compare to quickly move toward the usage and business models that are working.
- Our methods will be best characterized as lean and iterative. Core methods and tools include “Lean Startup” and “Business Model Canvas”.
- Strong focus on learning from the exchange of reflections between participants in the batch.
- Weekly planning and follow-ups together with coaches and fellow FFW teams.
- Workshops around key activities relevant for your venture – Site analytics, SEO, SEM, UX/Design, efficient development process, legal issues, sales, marketing including viral, pitch training to investors, etc.
- Inspirational workshops by industry experts and senior entrepreneurs telling their war stories.
June 12 – Application deadline.
June 14 – Teams selected to pitch are informed.
June 18 – Pitch final held in Stockholm.
June 20 – The startups are announced.
June 26 – Introduction day.
August 19 – First day.